Wednesday 3 June 2009

Who am I? pt 2

When I first took the post of "community development worker" in September I wrote a little introduction about myself on the blog (here). I also tried to introduce myself to as many people as possible, in person. However, it seems that many within the community have not matched my name to my face!

Whenever I do introduce myself, I get "Oh so it's you who do the newsletter..."; "Your the voice on the telephone who puts things in the communal diary"; "I didn't realise you updated the website..."; "My son went on your barmitzvah event..." This is usually followed up by a comment that their friends do not know about x that I ran, or y that I send out, or z that I facilitate.

It is important people know who I am, so I can help move forward any ideas they have for the community. Equally, people will then be able to aid me in projects that I initiate. For example, they will be able to tell me if someone new has moved to the community so I can deliver a welcome pack to them or express an interest in cross-communal arts project I am looking to start.

So, not for reasons of vanity, someone suggested that I posted some photos of myself in my newsletter and here!!!





Please say hello next time you see me!

No comments: